BUSINESS + ECONOMY
Salt Lake City International Airport recognized for on-time performance
Jan 6, 2023, 7:00 AM
SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake City International Airport is recognized as a top performing airport worldwide. The airport ranks third in the world for being on-time. For an airport to receive this award, it must have a good track record for on-time departures. Salt Lake City’s airport does very well in this department.
SLC Airport ranked #1 in North America and 3rd worldwide for on-time performance in @cirium‘s 2022 review. Shout out to our dedicated staff who work ‘round the clock – and in all types of weather – to keep flights safe and running on time. https://t.co/DHIxca04GY
— SaltLakeCityAirport (@slcairport) January 4, 2023
According to Cirium, an aviation analytics company, an on-time departure means the flight leaves within 15 minutes of its departure time. Out of thousands of flights that leave from the Salt Lake City International Airport daily, 83.87% are on-time.
Reports are “based on the widest and deepest pool of data collected and curated from more than 600 sources of real-time flight information.” according to the Cirium website. Cirium then can accurately rank different airlines and airports for their on-time performance.
Additionally, Delta Airlines ranks first in on-time departures in North America. For an airline to receive this award, majority of their flights must arrive within 15 minutes of the promised arrival time.
Salt Lake City is a major hub for Delta Airlines. Therefore, the two awards go hand in hand for the Salt Lake City International Airport. This is a major accomplishment for our airport and for the state of Utah.
- Provo airport will remain closed after fatal crash
- Tips for travelers going to the new Salt Lake City Airport
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- El Nino has returned. What does that mean for Utah?
- New distribution center dedicated by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- SLC Council issues statement on UTA Pride bus being pulled from parade
- Identities released of Hyrum couple found dead in their home
- Man urges pet owners to be cautious around rivers after Oliver the dog was swept away
- Seven months into Adderall shortage, expert offers advice
- Service animal removed from grocery store. Does the ADA allow that?
- Utah man sues Alaska State Troopers, claims conditional job offer revoked over HIV status
- Suspect in Ogden officer-involved-shooting identified
- Two found dead after shooting at Cache County home