Salt Lake City International Airport recognized for on-time performance
SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake City International Airport is recognized as a top performing airport worldwide. The airport ranks third in the world for being on-time. For an airport to receive this award, it must have a good track record for on-time departures. Salt Lake City’s airport does very well in this department.
SLC Airport ranked #1 in North America and 3rd worldwide for on-time performance in @cirium‘s 2022 review. Shout out to our dedicated staff who work ‘round the clock – and in all types of weather – to keep flights safe and running on time. https://t.co/DHIxca04GY
— SaltLakeCityAirport (@slcairport) January 4, 2023
According to Cirium, an aviation analytics company, an on-time departure means the flight leaves within 15 minutes of its departure time. Out of thousands of flights that leave from the Salt Lake City International Airport daily, 83.87% are on-time.
Reports are “based on the widest and deepest pool of data collected and curated from more than 600 sources of real-time flight information.” according to the Cirium website. Cirium then can accurately rank different airlines and airports for their on-time performance.
Additionally, Delta Airlines ranks first in on-time departures in North America. For an airline to receive this award, majority of their flights must arrive within 15 minutes of the promised arrival time.
Salt Lake City is a major hub for Delta Airlines. Therefore, the two awards go hand in hand for the Salt Lake City International Airport. This is a major accomplishment for our airport and for the state of Utah.
- Provo airport will remain closed after fatal crash
- Tips for travelers going to the new Salt Lake City Airport
Today’s Top Stories
- GoFundMe created for passing of two employees at Northrop Grumman
- Full-sized Target coming to former Dillard’s at Provo’s Towne Centre
- Home schools and micro-schooling defined under new Utah bill
- Biden to test run his reelection message in his first State of the Union to a divided Congress
- Utah hasn’t had this much snowfall since 2011, according to NWS
- Winning over Americans? Poll says President Biden has work to do
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Salt Lake City police arrest man after road rage incident, involving a gun
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- Is illness or poor air quality causing that cough?