Road rage on SB I-15 in Salt Lake County leads to rollover
SALT LAKE COUNTY, Utah — A vehicle rolled on southbound I-15 after a road rage incident, Utah Highway Patrol states.
SB I-15 at MP 289 (Bngrtr Hwy) Salt Lake Co.
Right Lane Closed
Est. Clearance Time: 6:24 PM
For updates: https://t.co/jaVMw7e9Jm
— UDOT Traffic (@UDOTTRAFFIC) January 23, 2023
According to Mike Alexander with UHP, two vehicles were involved in the incident but only one crashed.
Alexander says a vehicle drove into the gore area between southbound I-15 and the off-ramp, striking the exit sign and rolling his car. Debris flew from the sign, hitting an uninvolved vehicle parked on the side of the roadway. UHP says this vehicle was having a flat tire replaced.
Following this, he fled from the scene, but UHP was able to locate him. The motorist is now in police custody, sustaining minor injuries from the accident.
The occupants of the uninvolved vehicle were not harmed during the incident, according to Alexander.
No info on the other driver involved is available at this time.
- Road rage incident on I-15 results in three-vehicle crash
- WVC Police arrest one person following road rage, shooting incident
Today’s Top Stories
- GoFundMe created for passing of two employees at Northrop Grumman
- Full-sized Target coming to former Dillard’s at Provo’s Towne Centre
- Home schools and micro-schooling defined under new Utah bill
- Biden to test run his reelection message in his first State of the Union to a divided Congress
- Utah hasn’t had this much snowfall since 2011, according to NWS
- Winning over Americans? Poll says President Biden has work to do
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Salt Lake City police arrest man after road rage incident, involving a gun
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- Is illness or poor air quality causing that cough?