Sen. Lee quotes Taylor Swift lyrics during Ticket Master/Live Nation hearing
SALT LAKE CITY — Who knew Sen. Mike Lee is a swiftie? The senator quoted Taylor Swift lyrics multiple times at a senate committee hearing Tuesday.
The hearing focused on the chaos Taylor Swift fans faced while buying tickets for the singer’s upcoming Eras Tour, which is set to kick off in March. Many fans found themselves kicked out of Ticket Master, saw fluctuating prices and missed out on tickets within minutes of them being sold, only to have prices jump up thousands of dollars.
“The ticketing market in the United States is a complex industry,” Lee said during the hearing. “Involving artists, agents, promoters, venues, primary and secondary ticketing companies and, of course, fans.”
Lee’s comments focus on concerns that Ticker Master’s parent company Live Nation isn’t being held accountable to protect competition. During the three-hour hearing, the senator said the problem comes from an Obama Administration agreement that allows the two companies to merge.
Along with this, the senator, of course, quoted Swift’s lyrics many times.
“She’s cheer captain,” Lee said. “And I’m on the bleachers.”
Devin Oldroyd contributed to this article.
- Taylor Swift: Ticketmaster fiasco ‘excruciating for me’
- Certain Taylor Swift fans could have a second chance at tickets
Today’s Top Stories
- US military has shot down the Chinese spy balloon off US East Coast, US official says
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Backcountry skier dead after fatal fall in Little Cottonwood Canyon
- AirMed responds to tubing accident in Peter Sinks, Logan
- More than 3,400 dead as powerful quake hits southern Turkey and Syria
- Bill permitting pregnant people to use HOV lane passes House
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- 2 arrested in central California shooting that left 6 dead, including mother clutching…
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- Evacuations ordered amid fears of an explosion as an Ohio train continues burning days after…