CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
One man dead, suspect on the run after Glendale shooting
SALT LAKE CITY — After being found by police with a critical gunshot wound, 35-year-old Guthrie Serawop died in the hospital, Salt Lake City Police Department confirmed.
Police are looking for a shooting suspect, but believe there is no threat to the public.
The shooting happened around 6:30 p.m., near 1665 South Riverside Drive, not far from the Jordan River in Salt Lake City’s Glendale neighborhood on Wednesday night.
When officers arrived they found Guthrie who’d been critically wounded. Bystanders and first responders both performed life-saving aid on the scene.
KSL TV reports investigators believe the shooter left the scene immediately after the shooting.
“We believe that the shooter did leave the area immediately after the shooting, despite our officer’s quick response to the scene,” said Brent Weisberg with Salt Lake City police.
We are investigating a shooting at 1665 S. Riverside Drive.
Paramedics took one person to the hospital in critical condition.
A PIO is on scene.
Media staging is on Riverside Drive at the entrance to the complex. Please stay on the trail. #SLC #SLCPD #SaltLakeCity pic.twitter.com/CBs8zzWi7Z
— Salt Lake City Police (@slcpd) February 2, 2023
Police said they don’t have a motive for the shooting.
“We’re asking for our community to help us with this investigation,” Weisberg said. Please call SLC Police if you have information or see something that doesn’t look quite right.
- Suspect arrested and named, victim identified after shooting in Taylorsville
- Three people injured in shooting at Salt Lake City hotel
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Multiple Utah schools received fake reports of school shooting, officials say
- Additional sex charges filed against Utah businessman; more victims possible
- Three people killed in two-vehicle crash on US-89 in Logan Canyon
- Gwyneth Paltrow’s ski collision trial continues with defense
- Alpine School District exploring potential closure of 5 elementary schools
- Elk herd returns to SLC golf course after multiple relocation attempts
- Prison sentence reduced for ‘Real Housewives of SLC’ star Jen Shah
- Provo Canyon closing intermittently to mitigate rock slides
- Seven Canyons Fountain will be ‘reimagined’ into dry art feature
- U.S. Department of Labor says Sodalicious violated child labor laws