Employees safe after hazmat called to Spanish Fork business
SPANISH FORK, Utah — Factory workers are back on the job Thursday morning after a hazmat situation forced them to evacuate the night before.
Crews said the problem began when a chemical overheated and created a cloud of toxic fumes.
Spanish Fork Fire Chief Edward Hales said nobody was injured at the PCC Aerostructures facility (formerly Klune Industries), and that employees at the site acted quickly.
“They ventilated it and made the environment safe, and all of the employees from that manufacturing plant were able to return to work as normal,” Hales told KSL.
“We sent our Utah Valley Special Response Team, which is from multiple different agencies within Utah County,” Hales said.
Hales says those crews helped ventilate the fumes at the facility, making it safe for workers to return to the job.
- Utah’s part in Black history, traveling exhibit helps educate
- Missing Spanish Fork teens found safe in Murray
- Propane heater causes residential fire in Spanish Fork
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Multiple Utah schools received fake reports of school shooting, officials say
- Additional sex charges filed against Utah businessman; more victims possible
- Three people killed in two-vehicle crash on US-89 in Logan Canyon
- Gwyneth Paltrow’s ski collision trial continues with defense
- Alpine School District exploring potential closure of 5 elementary schools
- Elk herd returns to SLC golf course after multiple relocation attempts
- Prison sentence reduced for ‘Real Housewives of SLC’ star Jen Shah
- Provo Canyon closing intermittently to mitigate rock slides
- Seven Canyons Fountain will be ‘reimagined’ into dry art feature
- Five-planet alignment may be visible in Tuesday night’s sky