Hogle Zoo lion makes his prediction for 2023 Super Bowl
SALT LAKE CITY — A lion at Utah’s Hogle Zoo has made his prediction of who will win this year’s Super Bowl game between the Kansas City Chiefs and the Philadelphia Eagles.
In what’s fast becoming an annual football tradition, Vulcan the Hogle Zoo lion has made a prediction about the winner for a third year in a row.
In the last two years, he correctly picked the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in 2021 and the Los Angeles Rams in 2022.
This time around, Vulcan chose the Eagles as his pick for Super Bowl champion.
The way it works is, zookeepers put food in two boxes, each with a team logo on it.
Zookeepers set the boxes at equal distances apart and Vulcan is then released into the enclosure. Whichever box he eats from first is predicted to be this year’s Super Bowl champion.
Rumor has it that if the Eagles win, Vulcan’s asked for the week off.
The Super Bowl is scheduled to kick off Sunday at 4:30 p.m. local time.
West Valley City is finding its identity, according to city manager
Insight into homeschooling as Utah moves toward funding vouchers
Tribes still not consulted as state tries to save Great Salt Lake
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Woods Cross man charged for allegedly secretly recording others in bathroom
- The Salt Lake Temple renovation has a new completion date
- Man arrested for suspicion of arson in Orem house fire
- Median price of a home declines for first time in a decade, what it means for Utah
- Gwyneth Paltrow ski crash trial begins in Park City, lawyer calls it “B.S.”
- Should the Bible be banned from school libraries?
- USU grad files lawsuit against university for racist caricature
- Deer Valley yurt explosion, four sent to hospital
- Utah Board of Education says full-day kindergarten benefits students’ futures
- Twilight concert series announced, includes The Head & the Heart and Lord Huron