9-year-old buried in snow then rescued after roof slide
Mar 16, 2023, 1:52 PM | Updated: 2:21 pm
ALTA, Utah — A 9-year-old boy was buried by snow from a roof slide early Thursday morning at a condo at Alta Ski Resort.
Alta Central Dispatch responded to the slide, but it was a town Marshall that first got to the emergency.
According to a press release from the Marshall’s office, they located the boy using an avalanche probe.
The boy was reportedly in a “semi-conscious” condition underneath the snow. He was transported by ambulance to a Life Flight Helicopter from a landing zone at the ski resort.
He was flown to Primary Childrens Hospital and is reportedly in an improving and stable condition.
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- 16-year-old dead, 2 other teens injured in fatal crash in Juab County
- Possible clothing thief at Brigham Young University
- Elk relocation and sections of I-80 closure
- Spanish Fork Holi Festival of Colors, coming soon
- Auto-motorcycle crash sends one to hospital, causes TRAX delays
- Moab takes ‘a big step’ with launch of its 1st transit service
- At least 13 dead after magnitude 6.8 earthquake shakes Ecuador
- Man stranded in Warner Valley slot canyon is in serious condition
- Springville Police Officer has been shot and the suspect is dead.
- Bonneville High School auto mechanics program named best in country