Parts of I-80 closing temporarily in Parleys Canyon due to elk
Mar 17, 2023, 2:00 PM | Updated: 4:19 pm
SALT LAKE CITY — Several parts of I-80 at Parleys Canyon will be closed Sunday morning so crews can relocate dozens of elk.
The Utah Division of Wildlife Resources said up to 120 elk have been hanging around a country club and need to be moved.
The DNR said the closures would start at 10 a.m. The duration of the closure will depend on how quickly wildlife officials will be able to move the herds.
Major areas in the closure include I-80 Westbound at East Canyon, Parley’s Way and the northbound Foothill off-ramp.
The DNR provided the graphic below to show which areas of I-80 would be affected.
- More snow = more ski time! These Utah resorts extended their seasons
- The North Tooele Fire District says this year’s fire danger is high
- Be aware of winter wildlife while recreating outside
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Body found at 600N, I-15 Southbound
- KSL EXCLUSIVE: “It’s been a punch to the gut,” Woods Cross mom of boy…
- Robbery at swap meet leaves one victim shaken up
- Clearfield power and traffic alert
- Salt Lake carjacking suspect dead, investigation continues
- Woods Cross man charged for allegedly secretly recording others in bathroom
- Full interlodge in effect for Alta and Snowbird ski area
- What you can do about snow mold in your lawn
- Winter-like temperatures sticking around
- The Salt Lake Temple renovation has a new completion date