Gwyneth Paltrow ski crash trial begins in Park City, lawyer calls it “B.S.”
Mar 21, 2023, 7:30 PM
(Photo by Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP, File)
PARK CITY, Utah — In the opening day of the 2016 Gwyneth Paltrow ski crash trial in Park City, opening statements were given and a witness has testified.
The Hollywood actress is being sued by Terry Sanderson, who claims she skied into him on the slopes at Deer Valley Resort.
Her lawyer didn’t mince words to describe Sanderson’s claim that she was the one negligent.
“We believe it to be utter B.S.,” the attorney said in Monday’s opening statements.
Paltrow’s lawyer says an employee at the resort took a report following the incident.
“Male skier took her out from behind,” Paltrow’s attorney said.
However, a witness testified differently. Sanderson’s lawyer claims Paltrow was negligent.
“As she turns her head back down, she screams then skies back into the back of Terry Sanderson,” his lawyer said.
Paltrow is countersuing for $1 claiming she suffered losses from the crash.
Sanderson is expected to testify at some point during the trial. The ski crash trial is expected to last eight days.
Mark Jones contributed to this article.
- Skier found dead at Deer Valley ski resort
- Contact Deer Valley Resort in Park City UT
- Utah ski resort wants out of lawsuit against Gwyneth Paltrow
- Gwyneth Paltrow: Skier sued me to exploit my fame, wealth
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Pride-wrapped UTA bus pulled from downtown Pride Parade
- Parts of Utah experienced a severe thunderstorm, Pride Festival back on
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints announces site of North Carolina Temple
- A congressional resignation, hurry sickness and the need for respectful restraint
- Landspout forms over Salt Lake County. Here’s how that differs from a tornado
- China’s soured milk and its impact on Utah’s dairy farmers
- Two men electrocuted while cutting a tree in West Jordan
- Following complaint against Bible in schools, Book of Mormon receives complaint for…
- PornHub blocks users in Utah, cites state’s age verification law
- Wildlife officials trying to trap bear after it approached a tent above Bountiful