KSL IN YOUR COMMUNITY
KSL NewsRadio employees win Gracie Award
Mar 30, 2023, 10:10 AM | Updated: Mar 31, 2023, 8:26 am
SALT LAKE CITY — KSL NewsRadio host Debbie Dujanovic and producer Caitlyn Johnston have been recognized by the Alliance for Women in Media Foundation as 2023 Gracie Award winners.
Their radio special, “Genetics and Genealogy: How to use testing and family history to decode your risk for cancer” won “Best Interview Feature — Talk” in the local radio category.
According to its website, the Alliance for Women in Media was formed in 1951. In 1975 it began an annual award program, later renamed The Gracies, to recognize people in the media that represent the changing roles, issues and concerns of women.
The KSL NewsRadio special aired in April 2022 on KSL NewsRadio, and follows twin sisters Emma and Gabriella Friel who tested positive for the breast cancer gene BRCA1. With no action, doctors told them they had an 85% chance of developing breast cancer in their lifetime.
In February 2022, both admitted themselves to the same hospital, on the same day, to undergo double mastectomies. On the day of surgery, they were just 24 years old.
The special in its entirety can be heard below.
Genetics & Genealogy is special programming produced by KSL NewsRadio to run between General Conference Sessions for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
For a full lineup of what you can hear during this weekend’s conference, click here.
Listen to General Conference on KSL NewsRadio
- KSL NewsRadio will carry all sessions of General Conference live at 102.7 FM, 1160 AM, the KSL NewsRadio app, and your closest smart device.
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Pride-wrapped UTA bus pulled from downtown Pride Parade
- Two people killed in road rage crash near Eagle Mountain are identified
- Utah House leader signals change to special election law to fill Rep. Stewart’s seat
- Kouri Richins family satisfied with partial gag order issued in case, says spokesman
- Gov. Cox says he’s willing to call a special session to change Utah special election law
- Teenager drowns at Palisade State Park after getting caught in storm, officials say
- Witnesses report motorcycle passenger firing at silver car on NB I-15
- Salt Lake City police investigate after fatal overnight shooting outside of New Yorker night club
- Man nearly drowns at Gunlock Falls
- Four killed, including toddler, after plane crashed in Virginia