Uber bringing electric vehicle service to Salt Lake City
Mar 31, 2023, 2:41 PM
(Spenser Heaps/Deseret News)
SALT LAKE CITY — For Earth Month, Uber is expanding their service — Comfort Electric — to Salt Lake City.
Comfort Electric gives riders the ability to request an electric vehicle.
This comes after the company announced its partnership with Hertz, designating 50,000 fully electric Teslas for Uber drivers to rent.
The price point is more expensive than a normal Uber, sitting between the cost of Uber Comfort and Uber Black.
The app is also offering a $1 per trip incentive to drivers who use a fully electric vehicle, up to $4,000 a year. You can also use the app to rent an emission-free Lime Scooter or e-bike.
The company has a goal of being emission-free in Canada, Europe and the U.S. by 2030.
- The most common, and not so common items left behind in Uber rides
- Uber in-app recording arrives in Salt Lake City and five other cities
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Winners announced of SLC Ballpark Next Design competition
- Becky Edwards announces her intent to run to represent Utah’s 2nd Congressional District
- Congressman Chris Stewart announces resignation
- U of U Health, Regence insurance warn they may not reach a contract
- Woman barricades herself inside West Jordan home, then arrested
- Lori Vallow Daybell shrugs after being handed docs about delivering up her kids, video shows
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints announces site of North Carolina Temple
- Sen. Lee says he will vote no on debt ceiling agreement
- Rattlesnakes are appearing on Utah trails, around homes later than normal
- Candidates starting to line up as potential replacement for Rep. Stewart