Netflix Chairman Reed Hastings buys majority share of Powder Mountain
Apr 24, 2023, 4:00 PM
EDEN, Utah — Netflix Chairman, Reed Hastings has bought a majority of the shares of the 8,484-acre ski resort, Powder Mountain.
Powder Mountain General Manager, Kevin Mitchell said Reed Hastings has owned a home near the resort for eight years and has lots of big plans.
“We’re looking forward to being a part of Powder Mountain’s future and to help safeguard what makes this place special.” Reed Hastings said.
Read “Powder Mountain Has New Leadership From an Unlikely Place” by Samantha Berman of @skimagonline.https://t.co/Cnzef75irA
— Powder Mountain (@PowMow) April 20, 2023
“We’re talking about increasing customer service and really focusing on potential new lifts and amenities down the road,” said Mitchell.
Additionally, Hastings reportedly plans on keeping the same local feel the resort is known for.
“He recognizes what makes Powder Mountain special and we want to make sure that we’re really holding onto that magic,” said Mitchell.
With change there’s usually some push-back, but Mitchell said most people are optimistic about the new ownership.
“People are generally excited and looking forward to seeing how things improve as we move forward,” said Mitchell.
Improved lodges and accommodations are also among the improvements that Reed Hastings wants to implement.
- At least 4 Utah ski resorts have broken snow records this season
- What are the optimal temperatures in Utah to minimize flooding?
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Congressman Chris Stewart announces resignation
- U of U Health, Regence insurance warn they may not reach a contract
- Rattlesnakes are appearing on Utah trails, around homes later than normal
- Herriman couple ‘lucky to be alive’ after socket smashes windshield
- Public comment period approved for quarry in Parley’s Canyon
- Citing rising rivers, Sandy Mayor issues emergency declaration
- Source: Congressman Chris Stewart will resign, special election dates not known
- Lori Vallow Daybell shrugs after being handed docs about delivering up her kids, video shows
- Warning signs posted after kneeboarder seen on swift runoff
- Debt-ceiling deal would require people work longer for SNAP benefits