UTAH FLOOD WATCH
National Weather Service issues multiple flood warnings across Utah
May 1, 2023, 3:10 PM | Updated: May 2, 2023, 7:13 am
(Photo credit: Scott G Winterton, Deseret News)
SALT LAKE CITY — Temperatures are rising and, at least in the near future, flood warnings don’t seem to be slowing down across Utah. The National Weather Service (NWS) for Salt Lake City issued several flood warnings on Monday.
The warnings are in effect for Thistle Creek, Weber River at Plain City, the South Fork of the Ogden River near Huntsville, and the Sevier River near Hatch.
Flooding near Thistle Creek has closed US 89 at the US 6 and Thistle Junction.
Weber River is flooding near Plain City. According to NWS SLC, water will increase to minor flood levels this afternoon and stay at that mark through Friday, May 5.
Near Huntsville, the South Fork of the Ogden River is under a flood warning. Water flow is expected to peak on the morning of May 5.
Also, the Sevier River near Hatch is experiencing a flood warning. NWS SLC said flows will peak late tonight and will be near flood levels through Friday morning.
Garden City continues to remain under a state of emergency, according to its mayor.
Garden City official declares state of emergency, due to flooding
An Areal Flood Warning is in effect through 3 p.m. Thursday for snowmelt flooding of rivers, creeks, streams, and other low-lying locations in the Garden City area. #utwx pic.twitter.com/FITpex6f3D
— NWS Salt Lake City (@NWSSaltLakeCity) May 1, 2023
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints announces site of North Carolina Temple
- Pride-wrapped UTA bus pulled from downtown Pride Parade
- Parts of Utah experienced a severe thunderstorm, Pride Festival back on
- China’s soured milk and its impact on Utah’s dairy farmers
- Two men electrocuted while cutting a tree in West Jordan
- A congressional resignation, hurry sickness and the need for respectful restraint
- Two injured when semi-truck crashes through garages of complex, hits propane tank
- Following complaint against Bible in schools, Book of Mormon receives complaint for…
- Landspout forms over Salt Lake County. Here’s how that differs from a tornado
- Wildlife officials trying to trap bear after it approached a tent above Bountiful