CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
Murray police investigating stabbing that left two men hurt
May 10, 2023, 7:00 PM
(Jeffrey D. Allred/Deseret News)
MURRAY, Utah — The Murray Police Department is investigating a double-stabbing that took place Tuesday night and left two individuals with injuries to their hands and arms.
According to a press release from Murray police, the incident happened in the area of 5300 S. 580 West around 9:40 p.m. Two men walked into a Holiday Gas Station and mentioned they had been stabbed with a knife by an unidentified assailant.
Police say the two victims were walking back to their hotel when they claimed to have been assaulted.
Both victims were transported to a nearby hospital where they were treated for their injuries. They have since been released from the hospital.
Police say the suspect is described as a white male, between 5-feet-9-inches and 6 feet tall. The suspect was wearing a gray hoodie, a black medical mask and had green curly hair.
Murray police are seeking the public’s assistance regarding the stabbing. If you have information regarding this case, you are asked to call Murray police at 801-840-4000.
- Victim in weekend stabbing has died, police seeking public’s assistance
- Police seek photos, videos, information in overnight stabbing and shooting
- Murray High School placed on brief lockdown, police give all-clear
- One person is dead after auto-pedestrian accident in Murray
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints announces site of North Carolina Temple
- China’s soured milk and its impact on Utah’s dairy farmers
- May’s warm temperatures break record in Salt Lake City
- Number of spring thunderstorms considered normal for Utah
- The streaming shift from BYUtv to ESPN
- Davis schools remove Bible from certain school shelves
- Landspout forms over Salt Lake County. Here’s how that differs from a tornado
- KSL’s Doug Wright to host final movie show program, continues with long-time host Andy…
- Ballpark Next competition ends, ‘She Plays Here’ design among the winners
- Candidates starting to line up as potential replacement for Rep. Stewart