CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
Lehi Farmer’s Market owner facing a dozen zoning violations
May 23, 2023, 9:57 AM
LEHI, Utah — Lehi Farmer’s Market owner Dorothy Durant believes she has a right to do what she wants on her property, still, she is facing more than a dozen zoning violations.
According to the Utah County Sheriff’s Office, Durant operates Lehi Farmer’s Market and allows people to park their RVs on the property.
“These RVs … most of them, if not none of them, are pulling their trailers off the property every week to dump out the sewage tanks,” said Sgt. Spencer Cannon. “That is a significant problem whether you have one person living in a trailer or half a dozen people living in a trailer.”
Cannon said Durant charges rent for the RVs that park on her property. As such, Durant conducts business transactions that must take public health into account.
“Trash that’s on the property, the safety concerns, the health concerns with sewage disposal — they’re major concerns for the neighbors,” Cannon said, “they are for us as well.”
By Tuesday, May 23, some of the RVs had left but many remained on the property. Durant could not be reached for comment.
- Lehi police officer initiated a felony stop on incorrect information
- Large sinkhole shuts down portion of westbound 1500 North in Lehi
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Video: Sugar House man notices sinkhole of “unknown depth” in front yard, at a…
- #BACONTOPAYSON: Payson High students pushing to get Kevin Bacon to prom
- Lake Powell bounces back from record-low water levels
- Car leaves roadway in North Ogden, crashes onto residential property
- Popular trail bridge at Zion National Park closes
- Utah Highway Patrol warns of scam callers pretending to be troopers
- Man killed in West Valley crash was visiting elderly neighbor
- Would you take a new rail line from SLC to Las Vegas, Boise or LA?
- Why are hikers dying in Buckskin Gulch?
- Lori Daybell’s defense team files for new murder trial