Photos: Police say man intentionally drove into Brigham City Hall Thursday
Jun 8, 2023, 6:30 PM | Updated: 6:47 pm
(Brigham City Police Department)
BRIGHAM CITY, Utah — Brigham City Police say someone intentionally drove through the front doors and lobby of Brigham City Hall Thursday.
Commander Chris Howard says the department didn’t get a call, it just heard a sudden crash.
“We’re in the same building,” he says. “So at about 3 o’clock, we heard everything come crashing down.”
No one was injured.
According to police, the 63-year-old man behind the wheel was suffering a psychotic episode at the time of the incident. He was the only person in the vehicle at the time.
“We’ve had dealings with him in the past and family members have expressed concern about him,” Howard says. “As soon as we started talking to him he was making statements about family members being dead and people chasing him and trying to kill him.”
Howard says police are investigating to see if factors beyond mental health led to the incident. As this time, police are dealing with the “criminal aspect” of things, according to Howard. The man will receive a mental health evaluation at a later time.
See photos from the incident below. Photos provided by Brigham City Police Department.
- Brigham City Police locate missing teenager
- Two people injured in Brigham City two-vehicle crash
- One dead, two injured in Tooele after car crashes into business
- Two people killed in road rage crash near Eagle Mountain are identified
- Two injured when semi-truck crashes through garages of complex, hits propane tank