Beryl house fire leaves on dead early Sunday morning
Jun 18, 2023, 4:29 PM | Updated: 4:30 pm
(Lt. Jeff Humphries/Iron County Sheriff's Office)
BERYL, Utah — A man is dead after a house fire in Beryl, Utah early Sunday morning.
According to Lt. Jeff Humphries with the Iron County Sheriff’s Office, a 42-year-old man reported that his kitchen was on fire at around 1 a.m. Sunday.
Following this, Humphries says the man ran back into the house where he then succumbed to the smoke and died. Police believe he was attempting to save his dog.
Lt. Humphries reports the dog made it out of the fire and was outside upon the officer’s arrival. The house was fully engulfed in flames at this time.
Fire crews were able to put the fire out, but the house was a total loss according to Humphries.
No other structures were affected and no one else was involved in the fire, according to police.
- Salt Lake City police, fire pull abandoned car from Jordan River
- Outdoor cooking safety reminder after dogs die in Layton fire
- Federal disaster relief headed to Utah to help those impacted by floods and wildfires
- All occupants make it out safe in Layton house fire
- Investigators rule Lake Powell houseboat fire “undetermined and accidental in nature”