Firework safety tips to prepare for fireworks season
Jun 27, 2023, 3:30 PM | Updated: Jun 28, 2023, 7:25 am
(Alejandro Lucero/KSL Newsradio)
Firework safety can help prevent injuries
- Know which fireworks are legal in your area before buying or using them.
- Never use professional-grade fireworks.
- Keep a bucket of water or garden hose handy.
- Never allow young children to play with or ignite fireworks, including sparklers.
- Never try to relight or handle malfunctioning fireworks. Soak them with water and throw them away.
- Never use fireworks while impaired by alcohol or drugs.
- Never point or throw fireworks (including sparklers) at anyone.
- Supervise children when they are handling sparklers.
- Consider safe alternatives to fireworks, such as party poppers, bubbles, silly string, or glow sticks.
- Soak both spent and unused fireworks in water overnight before discarding.
- Firework safety during the summer holidays
- Utah firefighters remind locals of firework restrictions
- Fireworks and pets: keeping furry friends safe during firework season