Dr. Daniel Cottam, Libertarian for Governor
Candidate for Utah governor
Dr. Daniel Cottam grew up in Houston, Texas. He left Texas to complete his undergraduate studies at Brigham Young University. Afterward, he returned to Texas to attend medical school at the University of Texas. He is a practicing bariatric surgeon in Salt Lake City.
Cottam’s policy platform would:
Allow purchase of pharmaceuticals across state and international borders. It is not the government’s place to be protecting corporate profits.
- Allow health insurance purchases across state lines.
- Cottam would end the death penalty: No state should be allowed to exercise a right that an individual cannot.
- Create tax incentives for electric, propane and natural gas vehicles to promote clean air.
- Allow and encourage more charter schools.
Find out more about the candidate’s views here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah homes have some of the highest levels of radon gas
- New dress code gives West High School students more leeway
- First grade teacher in Magna arrested on felony child sexual abuse charges
- Paragliding crash in Milcreek leaves one in critical condition
- Draper City suing Geneva Rock, the mining company at Point of the Mountain
- Man in extremely critical condition following motorcycle accident in Little Cottonwood Canyon
- Semi driver dies after driving off side of roadway
- Fatal crash near Strawberry Reservoir closes SR-40
- Woman dies in SLC shooting, suspect arrested
- Bluffdale crash involving semi-truck kills one