Gregory C. Duerden, Independent for Governor
Candidate for Utah governor
According to his website, Gregory C. Duerden is a veteran of the U.S. Air Force, and also a writer, photographer, reporter, editor, managing editor, publisher and owner of newspapers in Utah; working at newspapers in Utah, Colorado, Wyoming, California.
Duerden ran for an open seat for the Utah Legislature in 2000 as a Utah Valley conservative Democrat. He ran for Utah Senate in 2012 as a Blue-Dog conservative Democrat. In 2016, he ran for lieutenant governor as the Independent American Party of Utah candidate.
“An Independent Governor will work for the People of Utah and NOT the two major party ideologies. An Independent Governor can work with BOTH parties!!” Duerden said about his campaign, according to Ballotpedia.
Find out more about the candidate here.
Today’s Top Stories
- When it’s this cold, keep your pipes from freezing. Here’s how.
- Weather causing delayed starts for several schools across Utah
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Head on collision reported, State Route 73 closure
- Crash in Uintah County claims the life of a 19-year-old man
- LGBTQ advocacy groups to file lawsuit over Utah’s transgender-related surgery law
- Officer-involved shooting in Iron County
- Why is there an increase of wildlife in SLC neighborhoods?
- Five Common Causes of Cervical Cancer – and What You Can Do to Lower Your Risk