Gregory C. Duerden, Independent for Governor
Candidate for Utah governor
According to his website, Gregory C. Duerden is a veteran of the U.S. Air Force, and also a writer, photographer, reporter, editor, managing editor, publisher and owner of newspapers in Utah; working at newspapers in Utah, Colorado, Wyoming, California.
Duerden ran for an open seat for the Utah Legislature in 2000 as a Utah Valley conservative Democrat. He ran for Utah Senate in 2012 as a Blue-Dog conservative Democrat. In 2016, he ran for lieutenant governor as the Independent American Party of Utah candidate.
“An Independent Governor will work for the People of Utah and NOT the two major party ideologies. An Independent Governor can work with BOTH parties!!” Duerden said about his campaign, according to Ballotpedia.
Find out more about the candidate here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah homes have some of the highest levels of radon gas
- New dress code gives West High School students more leeway
- First grade teacher in Magna arrested on felony child sexual abuse charges
- Paragliding crash in Milcreek leaves one in critical condition
- Draper City suing Geneva Rock, the mining company at Point of the Mountain
- Man in extremely critical condition following motorcycle accident in Little Cottonwood Canyon
- Semi driver dies after driving off side of roadway
- Fatal crash near Strawberry Reservoir closes SR-40
- Woman dies in SLC shooting, suspect arrested
- Bluffdale crash involving semi-truck kills one