Police looking for person of interest in Murray shooting
MURRAY – Police are hoping a picture can help them track down a person of interest in a shooting near State Street in Murray.
Investigators say the victim was shot in the head by a man who walked up to his car while in a parking lot near 4500 South. After being shot, the victim accelerated his car, and caused a serious crash. He was later pronounced dead at the hospital. However, investigators are hitting some obstacles in determining who the victim is. Murray Officer Kenny Bass says, “There was no identification on him.”
Bass says they’re hoping they can identify the victim by processing what was found in his car. “Whether there’s further evidence in the car, as it’s being processed, hopefully that becomes uncovered,” he says. They believe they could learn more about a potential suspect after getting information about the victim.
Meanwhile, Bass says there are ways the public can help their investigation. “If they have any information as to the suspect, if they saw the suspect or if they live in the area and have surveillance video.”
Today’s Top Stories
- Man in extremely critical condition following motorcycle accident in Little Cottonwood Canyon
- Woman dies in SLC shooting, suspect arrested
- One person in critical condition after Sunday night shooting
- Bluffdale crash involving semi-truck kills one
- New dress code gives West High School students more leeway
- Double stabbing sends grandmother and grandson to the hospital
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- KSL EXCLUSIVE: Photos of topless women at U of U football game who may face charges
- First grade teacher in Magna arrested on felony child sexual abuse charges
- Crash in Vernon closes Highway 36