Mitt Romney officially files to run for US Senate in Utah
Mitt Romney signed all the official paperwork in-person Thursday morning at the State Capitol, to run for US Senate in Utah.
Romney walked into the Lt Governor’s office, signed the papers, and paid the fee, joking with the staff as he did so.
— Mary Richards (@kslmrichards) March 15, 2018
He told reporters afterwards he is confident he will do well in the convention process and via signature gathering.
There are 8 or 9 other Republicans and 3 Democrats and two other parties listed so far before the filing deadline.
Other republicans include Larry Meyers and State Representative Mike Kennedy. Democrat Jenny Wilson has been campaigning for a while.
Today’s Top Stories
- Deuel Creek Fire starts in Centerville overnight, evacuation order lifted
- UPDATE: Shooting on TRAX platform leaves one dead, one injured
- Layton City is under extreme firework restrictions
- Tooele City releases fireworks restrictions map
- Man dies during performance at Battle Creek Field of Flight Air Show
- ‘Jingle Bells’ was originally written as a Thanksgiving song
- Several people killed in Copenhagen mall shooting, police say
- Update: Vehicle crashes into Famous Footwear, leaving four injured
- Semi-truck rolls on I-80 at U.S.-40, Silver Creek Junction
- UPDATE: SLCPD investigating party shooting that left one in critical condition