Freeway closures to increase in northern Utah this weekend
SALT LAKE CITY — Brace for more freeway closures throughout the weekend across northern Utah.
In Parleys Canyon, shutdowns of westbound lanes on I-80 are finished, a day later than expected, but eastbound lanes will close overnight between East Canyon and Jeremy Ranch from 8:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.
UDOT crews want to finish an animal crossing bridge.
“Taking some of those animals off of the road, which is going to eliminate a lot of those wildlife-vehicle collisions,” spokesman John Gleason said.
On Saturday night, lane splits start on northbound I-15 in Lehi for several months to make six lanes each way.
“If you’re getting off on SR-92, you’re going to want to make sure you get to the right two lanes before 2100 South, because that’s where that lane split starts,” Gleason said.
On Friday night through Monday morning, southbound I-15 to I-215 closes in North Salt Lake, as does the 106th South bridge over I-15 in Sandy, as crews make repairs.
Today’s Top Stories
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- 10 famous Utah ghost towns and where to find them
- Monday morning’s cold temperatures nearly set new records
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- When it’s this cold, keep your pipes from freezing. Here’s how.
- Used car prices dropping but supply still low
- The road home is in need of donations and volunteers this winter
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement
- Unsheltered Utah opens warming tent for unhoused people to escape frigid temperatures
- Cold weather causes late start for Logan City School District Wednesday