Poll: slight majority of Utahns want Senate to confirm Kavanaugh
SALT LAKE CITY — A new poll shows a slim majority of Utahns want the Senate to confirm President Trump’s Supreme Court nominee.
The Dan Jones and Associates poll for Utah Policy finds 51% of Utahns “strongly” or “somewhat” support Brett Kavanaugh’s confirmation to the Supreme Court.
Twenty-eight percent oppose it, and 21% don’t know.
Unsurprisingly, the survey also found nearly all Republicans surveyed are in support, and nearly all Democrats are in opposition.
Republicans accuse Democrats of stall tactics. Democrats claim Kavanaugh will make the high court too conservative.
Today’s Top Stories
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Hurricane Ian weakens to Category 3 after making landfall in Florida, but officials warn the…
- Researchers using dirty diapers to develop new autism test
- Severe thunderstorm warning issued for Davis and Weber counties
- Former KSL NewsRadio talk show host in the path of Hurricane Ian
- Coronavirus Prevention
- BYU study sees no advantage for either party in mail-in voting
- Update: Evacuations LIFTED for Battle Creek 2 fire in Pleasant Grove
- What can the Layton dog bite teach us about free speech?
- East Idaho schools closed during sick spell