Poll: slight majority of Utahns want Senate to confirm Kavanaugh
SALT LAKE CITY — A new poll shows a slim majority of Utahns want the Senate to confirm President Trump’s Supreme Court nominee.
The Dan Jones and Associates poll for Utah Policy finds 51% of Utahns “strongly” or “somewhat” support Brett Kavanaugh’s confirmation to the Supreme Court.
Twenty-eight percent oppose it, and 21% don’t know.
Unsurprisingly, the survey also found nearly all Republicans surveyed are in support, and nearly all Democrats are in opposition.
Republicans accuse Democrats of stall tactics. Democrats claim Kavanaugh will make the high court too conservative.
Today’s Top Stories
- Bill would allow individuals to become teachers without a bachelor’s degree
- One person killed in wrong-way head-on collision on I-15 near Beck Street
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- Salt Lake City police investigating shooting, one person hurt
- The bizarre history of Groundhog Day
- Four elk killed as herd gets too close to I-215 and I-80
- Opinion: Is sportsmanship dead in high school basketball?
- Bill to set target water level for the Great Salt Lake dries up
- Davis County officials charge suspect in Layton Amber Alert
- Fake nursing diploma scheme in Florida; 25 arrested