Utah Jazz to celebrate 40th season in the state
SALT LAKE CITY – It seems the Utah Jazz had a special idea of how to announce the celebration it will have this year to commemorate the team’s 40th season in the state.Day one the players took to social media to reveal the throwback jerseys they will wear. The Nike manufactured jersey is called the Classic Edition uniform. However, there seems to be a story behind the throwbacks the players will wear.
On Thursday the team released a special video tribute called “40 seasons of Utah Jazz basketball” which takes you back and forth into the past and present. Former head coach for the organization, Frank Layden, voice tracks the video which is a direct tribute to fans.
“These classic jerseys are an instant visual connection to our rich and storied past in the state of Utah,” said Bart Sharp, senior vice president of marketing for the Utah Jazz. “Our 40th-season celebration is a natural time to reflect on the past and all we have shared together with the fans of Utah, but it’s also an opportunity to look ahead to what is undoubtedly an exciting time for this franchise and the entire state.”
The jerseys will be the classic purple and gold and will still have the logo patch of 5 for the Fight.
When the players are sporting the Classic Edition Uniform the Utah Jazz will also spend time noting highlights from the team’s time in the state. It will also bring in special guests.
The Utah Jazz first moved to the state of Utah in the 1979-1980 season bringing “Pistol Pete” Maravich to the Beehive State.
Here are the games the team will sport the throwback jerseys:
- -Nov. 7, 2018 vs. Dallas
- -Dec. 6, 2018 vs. Houston
- -Dec. 10, 2018 at Oklahoma City
- -Dec. 21, 2018 at Portland
- -Jan. 9, 2019 vs. Orlando
- -March 4, 2019 vs. New Orleans
- -March 13, 2019 at Phoenix
- -April 1, 2019 vs. Charlotte
- -April 7, 2019 at L.A. Lakers
Today’s Top Stories
- Be Ready Utah: What you need in your emergency winter car kit
- Genealogy research now tax deductible for members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Utah County man pleads guilty to death of West Jordan teenager
- Church announces locations for six previously announced temples
- Oath Keepers boss guilty of seditious conspiracy in 1/6 case
- Senate passes bill to protect same-sex and interracial marriage in landmark vote
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success
- Vail Resorts facing million dollar lawsuit after a Utah bowling alley incident
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- What to do after a fender bender in snowy weather?