OPINION: Why Bill Cosby’s trial means I can’t look at chocolate cake the same way ever again
Bill Cosby is set to be sentenced this week for drugging and sexually assaulting Andrea Constand.
It’s so hard watching a childhood icon fall. I used to know Bill Cosby’s standup routines word-for-word. I used to be his biggest fan.
These sexual assault allegations against him chill me to the bone.
Cosby was found guilty in April on three-counts for raping a former Temple University athletics staffer at his home in 2004.
How do you expect Cosby’s sentencing phase to play out? Some experts say defense lawyers are likely to argue for house arrest, given the actor’s age. How likely are they to get that?
Jay Mcfarland hosts the JayMac News Show as well as the fictional podcast, Hosts of Eden. KSL Newsradio is part of Bonneville Media and based in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Today’s Top Stories
- Update: Some I-15 lanes reopen after hazmat spill in Bluffdale
- After celebrity death to colon cancer, Utah doctor weighs in on colonoscopy
- Provo Police looking for information about two cars in deadly hit-and-run
- SWAT standoff in Tooele ends peacefully, no further threat to public
- WNBA star Brittney Griner released from Russian detention in prisoner swap for convicted arms dealer
- Sundance Film Festival is seeking volunteers for 2023 event
- Natural Resources helicopter crashes in San Juan County, no injuries
- West Jordan Elementary School is closing its gates after 40 years
- Crashes and bad weather cause traffic across Utah
- Downtown Ogden expansion project begins finalizing plans