Kavanaugh, accuser testify before Senate committee
WASHINGTON — A Capitol hearing room is packed as the Senate Judiciary Committee, which features two Utah Senators, prepares to hear from Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh as well as the woman who accused him of attempted sexual assault in high school.
Dr. Christine Blasey Ford was the only witness slated to testify before Judge Kavanaugh’s testimony, which is scheduled for later today.
Sen. Orrin Hatch and Sen. Mike Lee, both R-Utah, are expected to ask questions as part of their roles as committee members.
ABC News is providing a live feed of the hearing. You can also tune to KSL Newsradio for live coverage, as well as follow Deseret News Opinion Editor Boyd Matheson’s live blog of the proceeding.
Today’s Top Stories
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- Police have arrested a ‘person of interest’ after a mass shooting at July 4th…
- UPDATE: Shooting on TRAX platform leaves one dead, one injured
- Fire officials say aerial firework caused brush fire in Saratoga Springs
- Deuel Creek Fire starts in Centerville overnight, evacuation order lifted
- ‘Jingle Bells’ was originally written as a Thanksgiving song
- Interactive map shows where fireworks are off-limits in Utah
- Moab police describe fight between woman — now missing — and boyfriend
- Campsite planning app offers new clues in case of missing woman Gabby Petito
- Former BYU professor charged with 5 more counts of forcible sexual abuse