Kavanaugh, accuser testify before Senate committee
WASHINGTON — A Capitol hearing room is packed as the Senate Judiciary Committee, which features two Utah Senators, prepares to hear from Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh as well as the woman who accused him of attempted sexual assault in high school.
Dr. Christine Blasey Ford was the only witness slated to testify before Judge Kavanaugh’s testimony, which is scheduled for later today.
Sen. Orrin Hatch and Sen. Mike Lee, both R-Utah, are expected to ask questions as part of their roles as committee members.
ABC News is providing a live feed of the hearing. You can also tune to KSL Newsradio for live coverage, as well as follow Deseret News Opinion Editor Boyd Matheson’s live blog of the proceeding.
Today’s Top Stories
- Vivint Smart Home acquired for $2.8 billion by NRG Energy
- UDOT wants public comments for proposed Orem expansion
- Three toys recalled in U.S. for excessive lead paint
- Student loan forgiveness resolution on hold until 2023
- A 4-day workweek is working for Provo government
- Trump Organization convicted in executive tax dodge scheme
- Utah Tech student dies after falling from fifth-story balcony
- Suspected criminals on Zillow listing Utah homes for sale without homeowners’ knowledge
- Lawsuit against Arches National Park after incident resulting in the death of a woman
- Democratic Sen. Warnock wins Georgia runoff against Walker