Police investigate WVC murder, Midvale car chase
WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah — Police are investigating whether a car chase through Midvale may be connected to a deadly shooting and murder in West Valley City.
Sergeant Sean McCarthy says the victim has been identified as Victor Manuel Garcia, Jr., 26. Officers say he was killed in the course of an argument in a car, after which the gunman ran away. Early Thursday morning, police officers looking for that suspect chased a car in Midvale they believed was connected to the crime.
“The driver of the vehicle did not stop. It fled, led us on a pursuit for several minutes that ultimately ended behind the business over here at about 7350 South and State Street,” McCarthy says.
Officers say there were a total of three people in that vehicle.
“Two were apprehended almost immediately and the third one, we’re still looking for,” McCarthy says.
The two who were caught, a man and a woman, are being questioned at the police department.
Today’s Top Stories
- Sugar House locals worry 2100 South poses threat to safety and business
- Staff member at school in southern Utah arrested for alleged sexual abuse
- Confrontation with bicyclist sends UTA bus driver to hospital
- 21-year-old woman killed in Provo hit-and-run
- Former American Fork soccer coach arrested on charges of child sexual abuse
- Is forcing the homeless into treatment the answer?
- Fire in West Valley City home contained to one room in basement
- Suspect in I-15 shooting named, booked into jail
- Salt Lake City Police Department hosts holiday Pay-it-Forward event
- Bingham High students build intricate gingerbread cathedral