DNA leads to arrest of Utah man for unsolved rape
OCEAN SPRINGS, Miss. (AP) — Authorities say DNA from a 2014 rape in Mississippi was recently matched to that of a Utah man arrested on a drug charge this year.
News outlets report 32-year-old Aaron Roy McMillian of American Fork, Utah, was arrested Friday on a rape charge and is at a Utah jail awaiting an extradition hearing.
Ocean Springs, Mississippi, police Capt. William Jackson says the department learned of the match last month and verified McMillian lived in the area at the time of the attack.
The woman told authorities she was walking across an area bridge one night when a man pushed her to the ground and raped her.
The Utah County Sheriff’s Office says McMillian was arrested in May on drug charges and his DNA was entered into a national database.
Today’s Top Stories
- Schools, commute delayed by early morning lake effect snow
- Vail Resorts facing million dollar lawsuit after a Utah bowling alley incident
- Church announces locations for six previously announced temples
- Tracking snowplows in SLC
- Snow storm brings highly dangerous avalanche conditions
- State intends to appeal vacated death sentence of Utah man
- Pence says Trump was ‘wrong’ for dinner with Holocaust denier
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Native tribes of Utah are given their chance to offer historical perspectives on museum artifacts
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success