Jodi McKee – Mt. Loafer Elementary School
Mrs. McKee is the single most amazing math and science teacher ever. Every day in her class it is full of learning, involvement, inquiry and fun! Kids love math and science when taught by her. Every year they are quoted as saying “Math (or science) is my favorite subject.” It is because of Mrs. McKee!
She does everything she can to stay current and to be the most knowledgeable she can be. She takes classes, reads constantly, and she has even gone to the local University and signed off for science classes when she wanted to go deeper with subject matter for herself. The district and state use her frequently to inservice and/or mentor teachers.
Every year she quietly and humbly prepares the most amazing lessons and activities for the kids in her class. She knows where every single student is precisely with their understanding, and has a plan to make sure they “get it”. Then she very willingly shares with her team, school, whoever; all her tricks, ideas, materials, and methods. She never cares about getting credit for ideas or materials. She just loves kids and hopes it makes a difference for other students.
No-one toots her horn, least of all her. But if you ask teachers around her where they got that idea, they would probably say, “Mrs. McKee.” If you ask students who their favorite teacher is, they would say, Mrs. McKee! And parents bend over backwards to get their child in her class. Thank you Mrs. McKee! She is one person, making a very big difference in her part of the world.
Today’s Top Stories
- Genealogy research now tax deductible for members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Be Ready Utah: What you need in your emergency winter car kit
- Oath Keepers boss guilty of seditious conspiracy in 1/6 case
- Vail Resorts facing million dollar lawsuit after a Utah bowling alley incident
- SLC International Airport to add another international nonstop flight
- State intends to appeal vacated death sentence of Utah man
- Utah Food Bank serving more first-time users during pandemic uncertainty
- Chinese President Xi Jinping tells troops to focus on ‘preparing for war’
- Layton man taken into custody for allegedly recording women in restroom
- Utah County man pleads guilty to death of West Jordan teenager