Man dies after being hit by a FrontRunner train
MURRAY — A man is dead after walking in front of a FrontRunner train this afternoon.
UTA spokesman Carl Arky says the man was trespassing near the train tracks between 3900 S. and 4500 S. in Murray.
FR Alert 2:28 pm: FrontRunner vs Pedestrian between Salt Lake Central and Murray. Expect delays on NB trains from Murray.
— UTA (@RideUTA) February 7, 2019
Trains are delayed because of the collision, and passengers are still on the train that struck the pedestrian.
I am on the actual train that struck the pedestrian and we are not moving. Just wondering if there will be a way to make it to the airport in the next hour
— Gage Black (@GageBlack1) February 7, 2019
There is no clear answer on why the man was on the tracks at this moment. UTA says an investigation is ongoing.
This story is developing and will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Vivint Smart Home acquired for $2.8 billion by NRG Energy
- UDOT wants public comments for proposed Orem expansion
- Three toys recalled in U.S. for excessive lead paint
- DPS offers apology to family of rape victim from more than 50 years ago
- Student loan forgiveness resolution on hold until 2023
- Salt Lake County Sheriff’s Office being sued after former cadet reports abuse
- Driving Utah’s most dangerous roads: What you need to know
- Democratic Sen. Warnock wins Georgia runoff against Walker
- Lawsuit against Arches National Park after incident resulting in the death of a woman
- Utah Tech student dies after falling from fifth-story balcony