Three children among 4 found dead after west Michigan shooting
SOLON TOWNSHIP, Mich. (AP) — Authorities say three children and a woman were found dead of apparent gunshot wounds at a home in western Michigan.
Kent County Sheriff Michelle LaJoye-Young says authorities responded Monday to a property near Cedar Springs, a community about 30 miles (48 kilometers) north of Grand Rapids. She says someone discovered the bodies and called 911.
LaJoye-Young said the three children were elementary school-aged and younger but declined to provide further information about the victims’ relationships to one another. She said authorities were still confirming the victims’ identities.
LaJoye-Young called the scene “a horrific thing to be called to” and said “my heart goes out to the families involved here and the community.”
Authorities don’t believe there is a shooter at large. An investigation is ongoing.
Today’s Top Stories
- CDC confirms five monkeypox cases in Utah
- Husband of Bluffdale mayor faces charges threatening city councilman
- Supreme Court says Biden can end Trump-era ‘Remain in Mexico’ immigration policy
- Delta pilots picketing in Salt Lake City and across the country
- Two people injured in Brigham City two-vehicle crash
- Different abortion law now in effect in Utah
- Utah County attorney says he’s been wrongly accused of cannibalism
- Supreme Court limits EPA in curbing power plant emissions
- Party ban becomes permanent for Airbnb
- Biden says transatlantic alliance has adapted to new threats