Utah missionary killed in Dominican Republic fall
SALT LAKE CITY — The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints confirms an 18-year-old missionary has died after falling off the roof of his Dominican Republic apartment building.
Elder Brennan Conrad, 18, was from Hyde Park, Utah.
A statement from church spokesman Daniel Woodruff follows:
It is with deep sadness that we announce the death of a young missionary serving in the Dominican Republic Santo Domingo East Mission. Elder Brennan Conrad, age 18, passed away this morning after falling from the roof of his apartment building. Elder Conrad is from Hyde Park, Utah, and had been serving since August 2018. Our deepest condolences go out to his family. We pray they will be comforted as they deal with this tragedy and mourn Elder Conrad’s passing.
This story will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- After celebrity death to colon cancer, Utah doctor weighs in on colonoscopy
- Two Utah experts talk about prisoner swap for WNBA player Brittney Griner
- Update: Some I-15 lanes reopen after hazmat spill in Bluffdale
- Families of Hunter High shooting victims unhappy with plea deal
- Downtown Ogden expansion project begins finalizing plans
- Provo Police looking for information about two cars in deadly hit-and-run
- West Jordan Elementary School is closing its gates after 40 years
- Members of the council explain the Salt Lake County library tax
- Sundance Film Festival is seeking volunteers for 2023 event
- SWAT standoff in Tooele ends peacefully, no further threat to public