Utah missionary killed in Dominican Republic fall
SALT LAKE CITY — The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints confirms an 18-year-old missionary has died after falling off the roof of his Dominican Republic apartment building.
Elder Brennan Conrad, 18, was from Hyde Park, Utah.
A statement from church spokesman Daniel Woodruff follows:
It is with deep sadness that we announce the death of a young missionary serving in the Dominican Republic Santo Domingo East Mission. Elder Brennan Conrad, age 18, passed away this morning after falling from the roof of his apartment building. Elder Conrad is from Hyde Park, Utah, and had been serving since August 2018. Our deepest condolences go out to his family. We pray they will be comforted as they deal with this tragedy and mourn Elder Conrad’s passing.
This story will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- SLCPD shuts down area near 700 East following fight at yoga studio
- Sen. Mike Lee fends off 2 opponents to win Utah GOP primary
- Two people injured in Brigham City two-vehicle crash
- Utah’s GOP Congressmen defeat primary challengers
- Breyer makes it official: He’s leaving the Supreme Court on Thursday at noon
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reacts to Roe v. Wade
- Different abortion law now in effect in Utah
- Intermountain Healthcare study finds “better” IV fluid treatment
- Remaining deer, elk permits can be purchased in July
- Bountiful woman arrested after allegedly stealing $6,000 from patient