1 dead, 1 critically hurt after storage unit fire in Ogden
OGDEN, Utah — Firefighters say one man is dead and another is critically injured after a fire at a storage unit in Ogden.
According to Deputy Fire Chief Eric Bauman, most flames were out when Ogden firefighters arrived about 12:45 p.m. Saturday at the storage facility on Pennsylvania Avenue.
Police report that crews found one man dead inside and the other was hospitalized.
Their identities were not immediately made public.
Bauman says police and fire officials are investigating the cause of the fire.
Damage was estimated at about $20,000.
Today’s Top Stories
- 13 year old hospitalized after being run over in Bountiful
- Deputies say evidence pointing to likely homicide in case of Dylan Rounds
- Update: 5-year-old still in critical condition after being hit by truck while riding balance bike
- Voters could see an increase in police presence at the polls
- A kidnapped family of 4 has been found dead in California, authorities say
- Water levels indicate that Utah’s water conservation efforts are working
- Utah debates: Here’s how 3rd District candidates stand on the issues (Rep. John Curtis…
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Church leader speaks of caring for the earth at Why It Matters conference
- Election threats reported in Utah, as other states still see ‘unusual’ levels