SALINA, Utah — One person was killed in a rollover accident Friday on Interstate 70 near Salina, UHP officials said.
The Utah Highway Patrol says there were five people in the car when the driver fell asleep. A male juvenile was ejected and died from his injuries. Another was critically injured.
Utah Highway Patrol troopers spotted a stolen SUV in Tooele County Saturday morning as they responded to a report of a hit-and-run accident. They chased it south past Eureka, where they were joined by Millard County deputies. They broke off the pursuit as it approached Delta, but Corporal Chris Bishop says it wasn’t long before the SUV wound up in a ditch.
“Deputies and troopers were on the scene relatively quickly,” Bishop told KSL Newsradio. “They were able to get the driver out. It took a few minutes to get him out of the vehicle, but he surrendered.”
They took one adult male into custody. The SUV had been stolen from a body shop in Tooele.
- Trump designates elite Iranian military force as a terrorist organization
- Scientists just captured a record 17-foot-long python in Florida
- Prosecutor plans diversion program for low-level suspects
- Homeland Security Sec. Nielsen resigns amid border turmoil
- Hill Air Force Base cited as most at risk in climate change rankings