SALINA, Utah — One person was killed in a rollover accident Friday on Interstate 70 near Salina, UHP officials said.
The Utah Highway Patrol says there were five people in the car when the driver fell asleep. A male juvenile was ejected and died from his injuries. Another was critically injured.
Utah Highway Patrol troopers spotted a stolen SUV in Tooele County Saturday morning as they responded to a report of a hit-and-run accident. They chased it south past Eureka, where they were joined by Millard County deputies. They broke off the pursuit as it approached Delta, but Corporal Chris Bishop says it wasn’t long before the SUV wound up in a ditch.
“Deputies and troopers were on the scene relatively quickly,” Bishop told KSL Newsradio. “They were able to get the driver out. It took a few minutes to get him out of the vehicle, but he surrendered.”
They took one adult male into custody. The SUV had been stolen from a body shop in Tooele.
- Coronavirus: Utah man in isolation after testing positive (pageviews: 1688)
- Church spends nearly $1 billion in humanitarian, welfare aid, leaders say (pageviews: 1502)
- Boys anonymously buy Valentines for every girl in their grade at Farmington Jr High (pageviews: 916)
- Mylar balloon: don't let it go! (pageviews: 822)
- Boy Scouts file for bankruptcy due to sex-abuse lawsuits (pageviews: 801)
- Mike Bloomberg gains 2 Utah campaign co-chairs (pageviews: 735)
- Fugitive, K9 officer killed in officer involved shooting (pageviews: 730)
- Trump campaign manager deletes dramatic Air Force One NASCAR photo after people point out it's from 2004 (pageviews: 678)