3 injured after port-a-potty truck took a spill on I-80 in Tooele County
TOOELE County – Eastbound I-80 in Tooele County was closed for several hours this afternoon after some, well, a port-a-potty truck took a spill.
About 5-thousand gallons of the truck’s liquid spread across the freeway after it pulled out in front of another truck that couldn’t stop in time.
The Utah Highway Patrol says three people were injured in the crash, one taken by helicopter to the University of Utah Hospital. Authorities confirmed they were non-life threatening injuries.
U-DOT says the crash also caused a significant fuel spill. Traffic was diverted onto SR-36 before I-80 was reopened about 4:30 PM.
Today’s Top Stories
- Man crashes into Ogden Taco Bell drive-thru window
- American Red Cross of Utah seeks volunteers in central Utah
- Walmart shooter left ‘death note,’ bought gun day of killing
- Clearfield Police identify victims in Wednesday’s double homicide
- First Presidency issues 2022 Christmas message
- Vehicle collides with unoccupied building in Roy, no injuries
- One person dies on hike at Zion National Park, another hospitalized
- Montana man gets 3 years in prison for role in Capitol riot
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success
- Grandson of two found dead at a home in Clearfield facing murder charges