TOOELE County – Eastbound I-80 in Tooele County was closed for several hours this afternoon after some, well, a port-a-potty truck took a spill.
About 5-thousand gallons of the truck’s liquid spread across the freeway after it pulled out in front of another truck that couldn’t stop in time.
The Utah Highway Patrol says three people were injured in the crash, one taken by helicopter to the University of Utah Hospital. Authorities confirmed they were non-life threatening injuries.
U-DOT says the crash also caused a significant fuel spill. Traffic was diverted onto SR-36 before I-80 was reopened about 4:30 PM.
- Trump designates elite Iranian military force as a terrorist organization
- Scientists just captured a record 17-foot-long python in Florida
- Prosecutor plans diversion program for low-level suspects
- Homeland Security Sec. Nielsen resigns amid border turmoil
- Hill Air Force Base cited as most at risk in climate change rankings