PROVO, Utah — Now that Dave Rose is retiring as head coach of BYU Men’s Basketball, the search is on for a replacement.
While the replacement is up in the air it seems that all of the sports writers are pointing to Mark Pope as the top name.
Pope is currently the head coach for UVU’s Men’s Basketball after his spot as the top assistant at BYU from 2011 to 2015.
Since taking up his post at UVU he helped the Wolverine’s beat the Coug’s at the Marriott Center in 2016.
This season was almost one of the best for UVU where lost in the quarterfinals of the CBI Monday night but what almost became their best season so far.
One of the unique challenges that BYU has being a private religious school is that their new head coach must be an active member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
With that in mind, and their strong resumes to consider, other top names include Utah Jazz assistant coach Alex Jensen, Lakers assistant coach Mark Madsen, who happens to be in town Wednesday as the Lakers face the Jazz.
Other names to consider is Portland State’s head coach Barrett Peery, BYU women’s basketball head coach Jeff Judkins, and his brother Jon Judkins who is the Dixie State University men’s basketball head coach.
- Body found near I-15 in Juab County (pageviews: 8958)
- Grant Imahara, host of 'MythBusters' and 'White Rabbit Project,' has died (pageviews: 4574)
- Body found near I-15 in Juab County | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 2930)
- Walmart will start requiring all customers to wear masks (pageviews: 2418)
- Daniel Lewis Lee executed after Supreme Court clears the way for first federal execution in 17 years (pageviews: 2146)
- Working from home can soon mean working in Barbados for up to a year (pageviews: 2114)
- UPDATED: Wearing a mask incorrectly while healthy might actually make you sick | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 1922)
- The alternative presidential candidate: Jo Jorgensen runs for the Libertarian Party | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 1719)