SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — Utah Highway Patrol officials say a motorcyclist who hadn’t completed a rider safety course is dead after a crash.
They say speed and inexperience may have contributed to the fatal accident Saturday evening in Davis County that killed 36-year-old Michael Frederickson.
Authorities say Frederickson went off the Legacy Parkway and crashed into a power box.
They say there were no witnesses to the crash.
The Deseret News reports a nearby resident heard the crash, looked out the window, saw a cloud of dust and called 911.
Frederickson was pronounced dead at the scene.
Information from: Deseret News, http://www.deseretnews.com
- Trump designates elite Iranian military force as a terrorist organization
- Scientists just captured a record 17-foot-long python in Florida
- Prosecutor plans diversion program for low-level suspects
- Homeland Security Sec. Nielsen resigns amid border turmoil
- Hill Air Force Base cited as most at risk in climate change rankings