Motorcyclist is killed in crash into power box in Utah
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — Utah Highway Patrol officials say a motorcyclist who hadn’t completed a rider safety course is dead after a crash.
They say speed and inexperience may have contributed to the fatal accident Saturday evening in Davis County that killed 36-year-old Michael Frederickson.
Authorities say Frederickson went off the Legacy Parkway and crashed into a power box.
They say there were no witnesses to the crash.
The Deseret News reports a nearby resident heard the crash, looked out the window, saw a cloud of dust and called 911.
Frederickson was pronounced dead at the scene.
Information from: Deseret News, http://www.deseretnews.com
Today’s Top Stories
- GoFundMe started to remember 8-year-old girl who died in Kaysville parade
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- Police: Gunman fired more than 70 rounds at July 4 parade, 7 dead
- Highland Drive open after closing for hours due to fatal crash involving Coke truck
- Early morning crash on I-15 kills motorcyclist
- Police have arrested a ‘person of interest’ after a mass shooting at July 4th…
- Deuel Creek Fire continues to burn, officials hopeful for more containment
- The Great Salt Lake water level reaches a historic low as Utah continues to face extreme drought
- Fire officials say aerial firework caused brush fire in Saratoga Springs
- Former BYU professor charged with 5 more counts of forcible sexual abuse