Motorcyclist is killed in crash into power box in Utah
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — Utah Highway Patrol officials say a motorcyclist who hadn’t completed a rider safety course is dead after a crash.
They say speed and inexperience may have contributed to the fatal accident Saturday evening in Davis County that killed 36-year-old Michael Frederickson.
Authorities say Frederickson went off the Legacy Parkway and crashed into a power box.
They say there were no witnesses to the crash.
The Deseret News reports a nearby resident heard the crash, looked out the window, saw a cloud of dust and called 911.
Frederickson was pronounced dead at the scene.
Information from: Deseret News, http://www.deseretnews.com
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah Tech student dies after falling from fifth-story balcony
- Kirstie Alley, ‘Cheers’ and ‘Veronica’s Closet’ star, dead at 71
- Three toys recalled in U.S. for excessive lead paint
- Avalanche at Snowbird caused by skier, no injuries
- Lawsuit against Arches National Park after incident resulting in the death of a woman
- After a cold November, Utah prepares for another storm
- Snowball Express arrives at Salt Lake City Airport
- Deadline for REAL ID-compliant license, ID card, extended to 2025
- Letters from surviving roommates read at church memorial service for slain University of…
- 2 dead after crash into parked box truck