Man dies after pickup truck hauling a camper crashed near Nephi
NEPHI – Utah Highway Patrol confirmed a man died after crashing his pickup truck while driving north I-15 near Nephi Thursday.
The crash took place just after 12 P.M. and the man was hauling a camper and a Toyota Camry. Officials say that due to the heavy load and the speed at which the truck was going, it started to sway before veering off the right side road and then into the median.
Photos released from UHP show the truck upside down in the median.
The man who died was driving the truck and he sustained head and neck injuries before passing away. There was also a female in the vehicle who sustained non-life threatening injuries according to officials. She was taken to the Central Valley Medical Center in stable condition.
Officials did not release names, but did confirm both the driver and passenger were wearing seat belts.
Today’s Top Stories
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Elk herd again on the move near Foothill Drive and Parley’s Canyon
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen
- Don’t put dogs in truck beds, Utah Humane Society says
- Utah County attorney says he’s been wrongly accused of cannibalism
- Intermountain’s 40-year study provides insight into weight-loss surgery
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- A Utah lawmaker and her sister at odds: Should rape victims need to contact police before…
- Off-duty officer with Salt Lake City Police arrested
- Over 20 arrested in Utah County human trafficking sting, 3 victims rescued