Man dies after pickup truck hauling a camper crashed near Nephi
NEPHI – Utah Highway Patrol confirmed a man died after crashing his pickup truck while driving north I-15 near Nephi Thursday.
The crash took place just after 12 P.M. and the man was hauling a camper and a Toyota Camry. Officials say that due to the heavy load and the speed at which the truck was going, it started to sway before veering off the right side road and then into the median.
Photos released from UHP show the truck upside down in the median.
The man who died was driving the truck and he sustained head and neck injuries before passing away. There was also a female in the vehicle who sustained non-life threatening injuries according to officials. She was taken to the Central Valley Medical Center in stable condition.
Officials did not release names, but did confirm both the driver and passenger were wearing seat belts.
Today’s Top Stories
- Pickup truck crash leaves two dead
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Inflation limiting school supplies in classrooms
- Bear Fire north of Price at 9,800 acres, public meeting scheduled Sunday
- Arab spacecraft enters orbit around Mars in historic flight
- K9 officer who was killed in line of duty will be missed, says police chief
- Man recovering from injuries after Saratoga Springs head-on crash
- Utah reservoir levels continue to drop with ongoing drought
- Mall giant Simon says nearly all of its shopping centers have reopened
- Centerville home and mailbox damaged, two injured by speeding car