Suspect dead after home invasion, shots fired, and car crash in Salt Lake
A man is dead after a home invasion turned into shots fired and a car crash in Salt Lake City.
Salt Lake City Police first got the call around 10:30 on Tuesday night about a home invasion.
Police say several people, maybe teens, forced their way into a home near 300 North Rendon court, just off I-15.
The people inside the home chased down the suspects, police say.
“Several males had forced entry into the home, and that the occupants [were] then chasing the suspects,” says Lt. Cracroft.
Police then received reports about shots fired and a crash about a block away from the home invasion scene.
Police say several others in that car ran away. The suspects were found on the TRAX platform on North Temple. Officers are trying to get more information from the home’s residents and other witnesses.
“Several of the occupants fled on foot. We’ve got, we think all of those, now in tow at the station,” Lt. Cracroft says.
“It appears that this car was our suspect vehicle, and there’s a man inside that is deceased. We don’t know if he has been shot or if he was killed in the crash,” says Lt Cracroft.
Between the invasion, the crash, and the shots being fired, the Salt Lake Police now have multiple crime scenes to go over.
Today’s Top Stories
- What differentiates BYU’s MBA program from other MBA programs
- Cottonwood High School wins football game in bizarre fashion
- September was the hottest month in Salt Lake City and it wasn’t close
- Body found in Arches National Park Saturday
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Day 1 in ‘landmark case’ for animal rights
- Man in possession of fentanyl pills, heroin arrested at SLC airport
- Justice Department brings new suits over sanctuary policies
- Utah Gov. turns 56 bills into new Utah laws, several involve Bears Ears