A man is dead after a home invasion turned into shots fired and a car crash in Salt Lake City.
Salt Lake City Police first got the call around 10:30 on Tuesday night about a home invasion.
Police say several people, maybe teens, forced their way into a home near 300 North Rendon court, just off I-15.
The people inside the home chased down the suspects, police say.
“Several males had forced entry into the home, and that the occupants [were] then chasing the suspects,” says Lt. Cracroft.
Police then received reports about shots fired and a crash about a block away from the home invasion scene.
Police say several others in that car ran away. The suspects were found on the TRAX platform on North Temple. Officers are trying to get more information from the home’s residents and other witnesses.
“Several of the occupants fled on foot. We’ve got, we think all of those, now in tow at the station,” Lt. Cracroft says.
“It appears that this car was our suspect vehicle, and there’s a man inside that is deceased. We don’t know if he has been shot or if he was killed in the crash,” says Lt Cracroft.
Between the invasion, the crash, and the shots being fired, the Salt Lake Police now have multiple crime scenes to go over.
- Coronavirus: Utah man in isolation after testing positive (pageviews: 1688)
- Church spends nearly $1 billion in humanitarian, welfare aid, leaders say (pageviews: 1502)
- Boys anonymously buy Valentines for every girl in their grade at Farmington Jr High (pageviews: 916)
- Mylar balloon: don't let it go! (pageviews: 822)
- Boy Scouts file for bankruptcy due to sex-abuse lawsuits (pageviews: 801)
- Mike Bloomberg gains 2 Utah campaign co-chairs (pageviews: 735)
- Fugitive, K9 officer killed in officer involved shooting (pageviews: 730)
- Trump campaign manager deletes dramatic Air Force One NASCAR photo after people point out it's from 2004 (pageviews: 678)