Lil Nas X’s ‘Old Town Road’ inspires autistic boy to sing
ATLANTA (AP) — An Atlanta rapper’s take on country music has inspired a mostly nonverbal autistic boy in Minnesota to sing.
Lil Nas X has found huge success with the song, “Old Town Road.” It has sparked controversy, spawned a clothing line, made the rapper a household name and got his collaborator Billy Ray Cyrus a Maserati.
Now, it’s being credited for doing a lot more.
Cottage Grove, Minnesota, mother Sheletta Brundidge tweeted Tuesday about her family’s “#oldtownroad miracle,” The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported. She filmed her 4-year-old son, Daniel, humming the tune and then singing the lyrics. Now, she says therapists are using the music in his sessions.
Cyrus retweeted the video and Lil Nas X, whose real name is Montero Lamar Hill, tweeted “What a King” in response to the clip.
“Old Town Road” climbed the Billboard charts in April and gained national attention when Billboard removed it from the Hot Country Songs chart, declaring it not country enough. The song has now spent nine weeks at No. 1 on Billboard’s Hot 100 chart and even broke the streaming record previously held by Drake.
Hill recently partnered with Wrangler and released a clothing line inspired by the song.
Information from: The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, http://www.ajc.com
Today’s Top Stories
- Salt Lake County DA discusses Biden’s pardon of marijuana possession
- Search for wanted fugitive in Tooele is unsuccessful
- Deputies say evidence pointing to likely homicide in case of Dylan Rounds
- Odd smell coming from North Salt Lake goes unidentified
- UPDATE: SLCPD releases new information about Meadows Park shooting
- 13 year old hospitalized after being run over in Bountiful
- Pioneer Park Coalition announces plan to combat crime, homelessness
- FBI seeking information on whereabouts of serial bank robber
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Utah debates: Here’s how 3rd District candidates stand on the issues (Rep. John Curtis…