Mitt Romney says he has a new plan to replace ObamaCare
Utah Senator Mitt Romney says he has a new plan to replace Obamacare.
Senator Romney told the Hill he is ready with a replacement for Obamacare, but is waiting to see “what kind of support we’ll get.”
The plan was first tweeted by a Bloomberg reporter on Wednesday.
Mitt Romney tells me he has a health care plan. 👀
— Steven Dennis (@StevenTDennis) June 12, 2019
Romney had a healthcare plan when he was governor of Massachusetts, and it is seen as the precursor to the Affordable Care Act but has not released any information about his current plan.
Senate Majority leader Mitch McConnell has made it clear he does not want to touch Obamacare while the Democrats control the House. He said in April the President was developing a plan after 2020.
Sen. McConnell has declined to comment Hill on Romney’s effort.
Today’s Top Stories
- Herriman mother saved by off-duty police officer
- Husband of Bluffdale mayor faces charges threatening city councilman
- Fourth of July weekend weather conditions ripe for fires
- CDC confirms five monkeypox cases in Utah
- Salt Lake County says it has decreased water-use on its golf courses
- Two people injured in Brigham City two-vehicle crash
- You’ll love spending the day at Bear Lake | How to spend a day at Bear Lake
- Fireworks and some open flames are now banned in Park City
- Delta pilots picketing in Salt Lake City and across the country
- UDOT reminds travelers of heavy traffic over the holiday weekend