Loud flatulence helps police sniff out a wanted fugitive
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — The next time you think you’re having a stinky day, just be glad you’re not a wanted fugitive from Missouri suffering from bowel troubles.
Police no problem sniffing the man out — after he inadvertently gave away his hiding spot with a poorly-timed bout of loud flatulence.
If you’ve got a felony warrant for your arrest, the cops are looking for you and you pass gas so loud it gives up your hiding spot, you’re definitely having a 💩 day. #TuesdayThoughts 🚓 #ItHappened pic.twitter.com/BGJoPNKr3n
— Clay County Sheriff (@SheriffClayCo) July 9, 2019
The Clay County, Missouri, Sheriff’s Office had a gas with the arrest, crediting their neighboring Liberty Police Department for arresting the man on an outstanding warrant. The sheriff’s office said the wanted fugitive was facing accusations of possession of a controlled substance.
Deputies did not release the man’s identity or other details about exactly how he was concealed.
Today’s Top Stories
- Semifinalists for the new Utah flag design unveiled
- First grade teacher in Magna arrested on felony child sexual abuse charges
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- New fire breaks out on Y Mountain in Provo
- BYU student and youngest-ever Survivor contestant says he’s confident he will win
- Be on lookout for suspicious vehicle in Nephi
- Former U.S. Attorney for Utah talks about what FBI can take off your cellphone
- Home prices in Salt Lake City harbinger of a national trend?
- North Korea fires ballistic missile into waters off east coast of Korean peninsula
- Time Out on the Field