2 killed in Utah crash when pickup truck goes off dirt road
The Weber County Sheriff’s Office said deputies responding to a 911 call early Saturday found it about 160 feet (49 meters) off the road near the unincorporated community of Huntsville.
No identities were released. But the sheriff’s office said the victims ranged in age from 16 to 50 and that the conditions of the injured weren’t available.
Sheriff’s Lt. Cortney Ryan told the Deseret News that a teenager walked two miles to a cabin for help and that residents then drove to an area with cellphone coverage to call 911.
Ryan said alcohol possibly figured in the crash.
“It’s a dark area. That could have had a role in the accident,” Ryan said. “There were a lot of empty alcohol containers, new alcohol containers that were found around the vehicle. So alcohol may be a
Today’s Top Stories
- West Valley house fire leaves 80-year-old dead
- UPDATE: Police say no bomb found after threat and evacuation at East High School
- After celebrity death to colon cancer, Utah doctor weighs in on colonoscopy
- Families of Hunter High shooting victims unhappy with plea deal
- Men without college degrees leaving the workforce, according to new study
- Two Utah experts talk about prisoner swap for WNBA player Brittney Griner
- Update: Some I-15 lanes reopen after hazmat spill in Bluffdale
- DWR and UDOT introducing new app Utah Roadkill Reporter
- Mostly mountain snow expected this weekend through next week
- Sinema leaving the Democratic Party and registering as an independent