The Weber County Sheriff’s Office said deputies responding to a 911 call early Saturday found it about 160 feet (49 meters) off the road near the unincorporated community of Huntsville.
No identities were released. But the sheriff’s office said the victims ranged in age from 16 to 50 and that the conditions of the injured weren’t available.
Sheriff’s Lt. Cortney Ryan told the Deseret News that a teenager walked two miles to a cabin for help and that residents then drove to an area with cellphone coverage to call 911.
Ryan said alcohol possibly figured in the crash.
“It’s a dark area. That could have had a role in the accident,” Ryan said. “There were a lot of empty alcohol containers, new alcohol containers that were found around the vehicle. So alcohol may be a
- Trump designates elite Iranian military force as a terrorist organization
- Scientists just captured a record 17-foot-long python in Florida
- Prosecutor plans diversion program for low-level suspects
- Homeland Security Sec. Nielsen resigns amid border turmoil
- Hill Air Force Base cited as most at risk in climate change rankings