2 killed in Utah crash when pickup truck goes off dirt road
The Weber County Sheriff’s Office said deputies responding to a 911 call early Saturday found it about 160 feet (49 meters) off the road near the unincorporated community of Huntsville.
No identities were released. But the sheriff’s office said the victims ranged in age from 16 to 50 and that the conditions of the injured weren’t available.
Sheriff’s Lt. Cortney Ryan told the Deseret News that a teenager walked two miles to a cabin for help and that residents then drove to an area with cellphone coverage to call 911.
Ryan said alcohol possibly figured in the crash.
“It’s a dark area. That could have had a role in the accident,” Ryan said. “There were a lot of empty alcohol containers, new alcohol containers that were found around the vehicle. So alcohol may be a
Today’s Top Stories
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- Police have arrested a ‘person of interest’ after a mass shooting at July 4th…
- UPDATE: Shooting on TRAX platform leaves one dead, one injured
- Fire officials say aerial firework caused brush fire in Saratoga Springs
- Deuel Creek Fire starts in Centerville overnight, evacuation order lifted
- ‘Jingle Bells’ was originally written as a Thanksgiving song
- Interactive map shows where fireworks are off-limits in Utah
- Moab police describe fight between woman — now missing — and boyfriend
- Campsite planning app offers new clues in case of missing woman Gabby Petito
- Former BYU professor charged with 5 more counts of forcible sexual abuse