Weber County — Mosquitoes from four different traps in four different areas of Weber County tested positive for West Nile Virus.
The Weber County Mosquito Abatement District says they’ve increased spraying in the areas affected. You can learn more about those areas on the district’s Facebook page.
It is also still important to use repellent. On June 25, they posted an article from the American Mosquito Control Association about which repellent you should use to keep you and your love ones safe from mosquitoes.
Eleven Utahns contracted West Nile Virus last year and one of them died from it. Symptoms include fever, severe headache, disorientation and a stiff neck. If you experience those symptoms after a mosquito bite, go see your doctor.
- Body found near I-15 in Juab County (pageviews: 8958)
- Grant Imahara, host of 'MythBusters' and 'White Rabbit Project,' has died (pageviews: 4574)
- Body found near I-15 in Juab County | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 2930)
- Walmart will start requiring all customers to wear masks (pageviews: 2418)
- Daniel Lewis Lee executed after Supreme Court clears the way for first federal execution in 17 years (pageviews: 2146)
- Working from home can soon mean working in Barbados for up to a year (pageviews: 2114)
- UPDATED: Wearing a mask incorrectly while healthy might actually make you sick | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 1922)
- The alternative presidential candidate: Jo Jorgensen runs for the Libertarian Party | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 1719)