‘Saved by the Bell’ just may have a reunion coming up
(CNN) — “Saved by the Bell” may be coming back.
Mario Lopez, who played the hunky AC Slater on the show, admits there have been talks about a reboot of the hit 90s American sitcom, but that obviously, the cast would be long gone from high school.
“Obviously we couldn’t be in high school still, so you’d have to be creative with the premise. But it’s fun to think about. And who knows? You never say never,” he said.
Mark-Paul Gosselaar, who played the popular Zack Morris, added: “There’s talks, there’s always talks. I just heard recently there’s talks.”
“We know about it. All three of us know about it, this person that’s going to tackle it,” he added.
Elizabeth Berkley, who played Jessie Spano on the series, said if there was a reunion, it “has to be right.”
Lopez added that while everyone is up for it, no storyline has been finalized.
“Not yet,” he said.
In April, Lopez, Gosselaar and Berkley celebrated the show’s 30th anniversary with a cast dinner along with co-stars Tiffani Thiessen, who played everyone’s dream girl Kelly Kapowski, and actor Dennis Haskins, who played Principal Richard Belding.
™ & © 2019 Cable News Network, Inc., a Time Warner Company. All rights reserved.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah Tech student dies after falling from fifth-story balcony
- After a cold November, Utah prepares for another storm
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Elon Musk speaks out on ‘Twitter Files’ release detailing platform’s inner…
- Avalanche at Snowbird caused by skier, no injuries
- Drive-in movie theaters could be here to stay!
- COLD season 2 announced: Justice for Joyce Yost
- ‘Sketched out’ University of Idaho students return to campus from break with…
- Secondary water shutdown coming to parts of Davis and Weber Counties
- Jewish leaders praise Entrata for building bridges after company founder sends anti-Semitic email