Romney slammed by President’s lawyer
SALT LAKE CITY — President Trump’s personal lawyer says a Senator from Utah is ‘bitter.’
Former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani didn’t mince words about U.S. Senator Mitt Romney when he joined Fox News Thursday night.
Giuliani has come under the microscope during the ongoing whistleblower complaint against President Trump.
In a recent tweet, Romney made mention of the lawyer.
If the President asked or pressured Ukraine’s president to investigate his political rival, either directly or through his personal attorney, it would be troubling in the extreme. Critical for the facts to come out.
— Mitt Romney (@MittRomney) September 22, 2019
Giuliani fired back in an interview and went on the attack against Romney.
“This guy is not the strongest guy you’re going to find anywhere, I wouldn’t count on him,” says Giuliani. “And he’s bitter about Donald Trump.”
He claimed Romney is still bitter about his failed 2012 presidential bid.
“Look Mitt, Trump did what you couldn’t do,” he explains. “Trump has [the] ability to relate to people, you don’t. It’s always been true.”
He went on to compare him to a former unsuccessful Democratic presidential candidate.
“One time Bill Clinton asked me, ‘what is this guy Romney like?’ You know what I told him? He’s our Al Gore,” said Giuliani.
Other state leaders have joined Romney in voicing concern about the President’s interaction.
Representative Chris Stewart joined KSL Newsradio’s “Dave and Dujanovic” show Wednesday. He classified the President’s actions as “awkward.”
“But are you going to convince the American people that that’s an impeachable offense when he asks for nothing in return, he extends nothing in return?” he says.
Today’s Top Stories
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Backcountry skier dead after fatal fall in Little Cottonwood Canyon
- More than 1,500 dead as powerful quake hits southern Turkey and Syria
- Bill permitting pregnant people to use HOV lane passes House
- 2 arrested in central California shooting that left 6 dead, including mother clutching…
- Winter blues: light therapy and lifestyle changes can help
- SLCPD makes arrest connected to fatal stabbing case
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- Evacuations ordered amid fears of an explosion as an Ohio train continues burning days after…
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen