Springville mother charged with child abuse for pitbull attack
SPRINGVILLE, Utah — A woman has been charged with child abuse for letting her pitbull bite children, including her own daughter.
And it wasn’t the first time the 8-year-old girl had been bitten.
Charging documents say last June, the girl was severely injured by her mother’s pitbull. She had to get 27 stitches on her cheek, chin and around her eye, and she has scarring and permanent damage to her tear ducts.
Police say it was at least the second time the dog bit the girl on the face. Charges say her mother, Kayla Price, 26, insisted on bringing the pitbull back into her home, even though the dog had also bitten other children in the past.
Price is charged with child abuse, a third-degree felony, and allowing a vicious animal to go at large, a class B misdemeanor.
Today’s Top Stories
- One person dead in three-vehicle crash in southern Utah
- State of Utah files lawsuit against pharmaceutical retailers
- Herriman mother saved by off-duty police officer
- Husband of Bluffdale mayor faces charges threatening city councilman
- WB I-80 shut down after a crash between two semis and a Utah Highway Patrol car
- 8-year-old boy struck by car in Riverton, suffers head injury
- Different abortion law now in effect in Utah
- Two people injured in Brigham City two-vehicle crash
- Fireworks and some open flames are now banned in Park City
- ‘Jingle Bells’ was originally written as a Thanksgiving song