Man dies while making a homemade explosive device in Utah
NEW HARMONY, Utah (AP) — Authorities in Utah say a man has died while making a homemade explosive device at a Washington County home.
County sheriff’s officials say the incident occurred around 8 p.m. Saturday.
The man’s name is being withheld until authorities can notify his family.
Sheriff’s deputies were dispatched to a home in the town of New Harmony, which is near St. George.
They say the explosion occurred in a garage of the residence and no other explosive devices were found.
Although the dead man was previously known to law enforcement, detectives say they haven’t discovered any evidence to indicate an intended target for the device.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah Air National Guard Airman dies during routine deployment
- Former American Fork soccer coach arrested on charges of child sexual abuse
- Utah County man pleads guilty to death of West Jordan teenager
- Hidden cameras found in restrooms in U of U Student Life Center, suspect in custody
- Two people hurt in auto-pedestrian collision in Orem
- Man arrested in relation to Provo Towne Center Mall bomb threat
- Utah’s Coordinated Action Plan for Water released this week
- Salt Lake City Police investigate deadly auto-pedestrian collision
- Officer-involved shooting causes delays on I-15 in Davis County
- Genealogy research now tax deductible for members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints