LOGAN, Utah (AP) — Jordan Love passed for 282 yards and two touchdowns and the Utah State defense forced a late turnover to hold off Wyoming for a 26-21 win on Saturday.
The Aggies (6-4, 5-1 Mountain West) scored 12 straight points on Dominik Eberle’s four field goals to lead 26-14 early in the fourth quarter. Tyler Vander Waal’s 5-yard keeper for Wyoming cut the deficit to 26-21 with 6:52 left in the game.
The Cowboys (6-4, 3-3) entered Utah State territory on their final drive, but Vander Wall rolled right on a second-and-5 from the Utah State 39 and Eric Munoz intercepted his pass in the middle of the field with 58 seconds left.
Siaosi Mariner caught four passes for 123 yards, including an 80-yard touchdown that tied it at 7 early in the second quarter. Love completed 18 of 29 passes and threw two interceptions, one that was returned by Logan Wilson for a touchdown to open the scoring.
Xazavian Valladay ran 25 times for 114 yards for Wyoming.
Utah State hosts No. 19 Boise State next Saturday for a chance to tie the Broncos for first place in the Mountain Division.
- Body found near I-15 in Juab County (pageviews: 8958)
- Grant Imahara, host of 'MythBusters' and 'White Rabbit Project,' has died (pageviews: 4574)
- Body found near I-15 in Juab County | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 2930)
- Walmart will start requiring all customers to wear masks (pageviews: 2418)
- Daniel Lewis Lee executed after Supreme Court clears the way for first federal execution in 17 years (pageviews: 2146)
- Working from home can soon mean working in Barbados for up to a year (pageviews: 2114)
- UPDATED: Wearing a mask incorrectly while healthy might actually make you sick | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 1922)
- The alternative presidential candidate: Jo Jorgensen runs for the Libertarian Party | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 1719)